Friday, December 15, 2017

December Challenge: Day 15 - Guess Who's Coming to Christmas?

   Guess Who's Coming to Christmas?

No, it's not Sidney Poitier. Don't know the movie reference? Look it up. Having special people, your family and friends gather together makes the spirit of Christmas come alive. And if you could invite any three people to your house on Christmas day, who would they be? I've been giving this some serious thought. I mean, we're talking about Christmas, right? My favorite holiday must have the perfect trimmings and people to enjoy the moment. So, who would I pick? Besides the ones already coming, that is 😊. For this list I'm going with people who are no longer among us. Kinda like ghosts of Christmas Past. Ho, ho, ho, E. Scrooge!

1) My parents. I'll count them as one since, well, they're a set. The last time they were alive and together was 1990. It would be nice to chat, share stories, give them hugs and kisses, introduce them to their great grandson Henry. Just be there. Yeah, I'd really like that.

2) Claude Monet because I love his paintings and I love French. Maybe we could parler en francais while he paints an impressionist scene of my family Christmas gathering. Cool gift, don't you think? Oh, and I could ask him about his obsession with painting sunsets, lily ponds, and hay mounds. 😉

3) John Lennon because for one, he's my hubby's absolute favorite musician, and second, he'd sing his "This is Christmas" song to add to the holiday spirit. Then of course we'd introduce him to our son, Sean, named after his son Sean. I'm sure Johnny would share his stories of Christmases with the Fab four and his days in Liverpool. What could be better?

So for NEXT year...

That's my list. Now, what's yours?

Have a great evening!

No comments: